Monday, August 19, 2013

Zucchini Ricotta Bites [yum]

So, sometimes I cook. Sometimes I use a recipe, but most of the time, I just throw stuff together and think good thoughts about it and it turns out O.K. Tonight, I had some ingredients, and I tried that website where you enter what you have and it gives you recipes. That thing sucks. Sorry if you love it. It doesn't include more obscure things like ricotta cheese, which I really wanted to use. So I searched for ricotta cheese recipes. I found this one that used fried eggplant with ricotta cheese, but it was more of a casserole. I didn't have eggplant, but I did have zucchini. The wheels started churning, as they often do when food is involved, and I got down to business. I'm sharing this with you because THIS TURNED OUT AMAZING AND I WANT EVERYONE TO ENJOY IT. Unless zucchini's not your thing. Then just take a 'no-thank-you-bite' and move on.

You will need:
1 medium/large zucchini, thinly sliced.
1 small container of ricotta cheese. Soft mozzarella would also probably be enjoyable and quite tasty.
At least 2 large tomatoes, diced. (I had 1 med and 1 small tomato and it wasn't enough.)
Shredded mozzarella.
Italian seasoning or fresh basil & oregano.
About a cup of bread crumbs.
3-4 eggs, beaten.
About 1/2 cup of flour.

Preheat your oven to 350.

After you slice the zucchini, set it aside and prepare the breading. Beat the eggs in one bowl, put the flour in another bowl and the bread crumbs in a shallow dish for dipping. Prepare a pan with olive oil. Once it's heated, take your zucchini, push it around in the flour, dip in the eggs, and then coat with bread crumbs. Put it in the pan. Let it get brown and crispy (take 3-4 minutes each side.) Put them on a cookie sheet. Spread about a teaspoon of ricotta on each slice. Scoop some tomatoes on top of the ricotta. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Italian seasoning/basil/oregano. Bake for 5 or 6 minutes or until the cheese is melted.



ENJOOOOOOOOY!

If you actually make this, and like it, please let me know! I love feedback almost as much as I love ice cream. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment